Aims of establishing central computing infrastructure is to provide computing and ineternet facilities to the complete campus and to support students in their project works. As a spin off facilities like data maintenance, CD making, hardware maintenance, computer networking related instructional and desktop publishing are being provided.
Our computer centre has 13 computer labs with 13nos. of branded hardware in each lab. All the labs are air conditioned. The server Room is equipped with two Xeon Dual Processor Servers. The Internet Connection in all the labs is provided through dedicated wireless lease link of 8 MBPS.
Each lab has on line UPS and additional backup facility is provided by the 250KVA Generator.
Xeon based Intel Dual 2.4 GHz, processors, 2 GB of RAM, 80 GB SCSI HDD with five Hot Plug slots, 17 inch LCD Monitors, Intel make Server Board with 100/1000 LAN Connection.
Xeon x3210 2.13 GHz, processor, 2GB of RAM, 160 GB 7200 RPM Sata/300 with Hot Plug with 6 slots, 17 inch LCD Monitors, 52XDVD Writer, 1.44 MB FDD, Intel make Server Board with 100/1000 LAN Connection.
Branded Dell Optiplex 3020 Desktop PC (150 No.)
Optiplex 3020 MT Intel Pentium Processor G3250, 2 GB DDR-3 RAM, 1600 MHz (2 x 1GB) 500 GB Sata HDD Keyboard Optical Mouse 18.5” Dell Monitor.
Wipro Desktop Computer (120 No.)
Dual Core 3 Ghz, G-41 Chipset Motherboard, 2 GB DDR-3 RAM, 320 GB Hard Disk SATA, 18.5” TFT Monitor, 107 Keys Keyboard, Optical Mouse,
HCl Desktop PC No. (180 No.)
Dual Core 2.5 Ghz, G-31 Chipset Motherboard 1GB DDR-2 RAM, 160 GB HDD SATA, 18.5” TFT Monitor, 107 Keys Keyboard, Optical Mouse
Dedicated Wireless leased link having speed of 8 MBPS. Router with 100 mbps. All labs connected to the server room with wired Network.
Functions/Services of Central Computing
- Internet Facilities.
- Student Project Support.
- Support for seminar, symposia, presentation and various institute programs.
- Maintenance and up gradation of all computer hardware to avoid obsolescence
- Virus definition up gradation to protect data
- Online ERP system to give the online 24*7 status of students through internet/IVRS/touch screen kiosk.
- High speed Leased line internet (up to 8 MBPS) 1:1
- Complete campus network Solution.
- Fully Air Conditioned Labs.
- 24 hour activated internet facilities.
- Full load Generator Backup for the Labs as well as entire campus.
- Total Institute level support against student’s intake 1:3:3.
- Area Provided for Central computing facilities 124.76 Sqm